Cloud computing means that there are a set of resources available which includes the hardware and the software which are
hosted by providers to consumers.Providers are the companies providing the cloud services such as infrastructure,storage,software applications such as databases,web servers,OS among others.
Some of the companies providing cloud services are Amazon(AWS),Google(Google Cloud Platform) and Microsoft(Azure).
The main advantage of using cloud services is that it avoids the high cost associated with hosting the hardware and software on-premises.
Cosumers of the cloud services can use three types of service models:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) This gives the users complete control from the virtual machines to virtual networks
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) This gives users control from Operating system ,frameworks, data and application.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) This gives the consumers least level of control.Consumers can only use the applications.
We can also classify cloud computing based on deployment models
- Public Cloud This is least restrictive.This accessible by the general public.
- Private Cloud This is operated and used by a single organization.
- Hybrid Cloud This uses both public and private cloud.
Azure Resource Manager(ARM) is used for working with Azure.Azure resource manager provides the following advantages:
- Monitor the resources as a group
- Dependencies can defined among resources which allows to maintain specific order while deploying
Though Azure Resource Manager(ARM) can be conveniently used through a portal but some other ways of using the Azure Resource Manager are:
- Azure PowerShell
- Azure CLI
- REST API
In the later tutorials we will understand how to use the Azure.